Cover FX Natural Finish Foundation | SECOND CHANCE

by - February 28, 2017


If you've been subscribed to my youtube channel for a while (shameless plug: here's my youtube!) you'd know that I went through this short phase of making review videos on different foundations in search of that perfect one for me. Finding the perfect foundation is one hell of a journey. Needless to say, at this point I do have a couple of holy grails but I've become somewhat of a foundation addict.




One of the foundations I did a review video on was the Cover FX Natural Finish Oil-Free Foundation. At the time, I had a few issues with it and it simply didn't impress me. In fact, if you're interested you can watch that video right now.

Since this video, which was quite some time ago, I've used this foundation countless times on different clients and it's looked beautiful every time. My best friend has even started using it herself. So what did my foundation obsessed self decide to do? I went out and purchased it once more and decided to give this a well deserved second chance.
I'm not sure if between the time of my first review and this one they may have changed he formula a bit. To be fair I haven't looked into it too much but I can tell you the performance difference between the foundation then and now is huge in the best way. Granted, my skincare routine has gotten a lot better and consistent so maybe me learning how to care for my skin has something to do with it. Either way, I'm glad I gave this foundation a second chance. I can confidently say that this product has made it's way into my list of holy grails.
Let's start with the price point. This foundation goes for $40 a bottle. I myself need two different colors in order to match well, so I spent $80 all together. $40 is pretty standard for higher end foundations so I can't be too mad at it. There's 1 fl oz in each bottle which, again, is pretty standard. Each bottle should, by my guess, actually last a little while because you only need the smallest amount to cover your whole face. So, besides the fact that the price and size of the bottle is fairly standard, in my eyes you're really getting your money's worth.
Something else I really love about this foundation is that it comes in 40 different shades. I mean... 40???? How many other foundation lines do you know come in that many colors. You've got your choice of cool tones, neutral tones, and then golden tones. Then you've got 10-16 shades to pick from each tone. I can honestly say that's the most impressive selection of colors I've ever seen in a foundation. In fact, in me using it in a professional setting I have yet to come across a person I haven't been able to match in this line.
Now the foundation claims to be hydrating, all though oil-free. So it's recommended use is on normal-dry skin types. Based on using it myself I'd have to agree with that recommendation fully. I have normal-dry skin myself depending on the day and not once did this dry me out through wear which happens to me quite frequently when I try new foundations. Actually, what small bit of natural oils I do produce did end up breaking through the slightest bit. However, this was with about 15 hours of wear (I know... I had a long day) so I don't see this as a downfall as it happened towards the very end of the night. Unfortunately during this test run I forgot to apply primer, so I'd imagine with primer it would prevent that from happening all together. I'd say if you've got purely normal skin, throw on a good primer before this foundation and you'll have a beautiful luminous complexion. And if you've got dry skin, all around this foundation might be what you're looking for.
As for the coverage, I've already stated that you should only need a small amount for your whole face. This foundation is very full coverage, it might even be the most full coverage foundation I own at the moment without having to layer up. The type of coverage you get from this, in my experience, greatly depends on how you apply. I've used less dense brushes on clients to get more of a medium coverage, and a denser brush for truly full coverage. Either way, you should need the same amount regardless of what coverage you're looking for. This foundation does seem to apply the best with a brush, as it is very thick in consistency. Though, I'm extra as all hell and do tend to go back in with a beauty blender to really press everything into the skin but that's my personal preference for any foundation application. Something I find to be really impressive about this foundation is that even with it's very thick consistency, it doesn't feel heavy on the skin at all.
All in all I've fallen in love with this foundation now, bless the gods. I'm genuinely glad that I decided to give this foundation a second chance. As I've already stated, I'm not sure if the formula has been tweaked or if it's just because of my improved skin care and state of my skin. I actually worked with a client more recently that said the same thing as me, she tried it once before and hated it. But she agreed to let me try it on her again so that she can wear it throughout the day to see what she thinks. Later on in the day, she came back and saw me to tell me how much she loved it and ended up purchasing a bottle. Either way, I'd say it's worth giving the foundation a shot. 
If you're interested in seeing my second chance wear, you can watch the video below!

You May Also Like

0 comments

FOLLOW ME @MAKEUPATTIFFANYSXO