Jeffree Star Androgyny Palette | SWATCHES & REVIEW

by - March 27, 2017



I recently picked up another beauty product that I had listed in my spring releases wishlist, the Jeffree Star Cosmetics Androgyny palette. After hearing a lot of mixed reviews on his first eyeshadow palette, Beauty Killer, I didn't think I'd ever be so fixed on getting my hands on one of this brand's palettes. But when I saw the reveal of the shades and swatches, I knew it was something I'd have to add to my collection.





I know a lot of people weren't too hyped about this palette, or were even a little confused by it, but every single shade screams my name. I do understand the confusion, I admittedly feel like there's a slight lack of flow here. Your average person couldn't pick this up and create a variety of looks with nothing but this palette. But for those that really like playing with colors and doing multi-color looks, the quality and couple of really unique shades in here I feel make it worth spitting up the $45.

(Left to right: Frosting, Safe Word, Charm, Deja Vu, Dominatrix, Androgyny, Fetish, Military, Poison, Swallow)

As I've mentioned, I had heard a lot of mixed reviews about Jeffree Star's first palette so I was a little iffy on how I expected the formula of these shadows would feel and perform. Thankfully, upon swatching and actually using these shadows on my eyes over the span of the past two weeks it's been a pleasant discovery to see how pigmented and blendable the formula of these shadows are. Something negative I've noticed is that these shadows have a lot of kick back when you dip your brush into the pan. However, because of how pigmented they are some of that kick back can be avoided as you've truly only got to dip into the shadow once to get enough color to work with.


This palette had actually come just in time for me to get use out of those gorgeous greens for St. Patricks Day (if you want to see the look, please refer to my recent blog post!) And since then I've created an array of gorgeous eye looks ranging from very neutral, to very warm, to very glam, to smoked out, to colorful and looking very forest-fairy-esque. Strangely enough, though I'm head over heels for any deep and different color, I'm surprised others aren't making a big deal over "Safe Word". I can confidently say I've found that to be my favorite color, as I'm even going out of my way and reaching for it as a transition shade even when my overall look may be using a totally different palette.

I've really gotta give props to Jeffree Star Cosmetics for this one. I'm really happy with my edition of this palette to my makeup collection and I can't wait to share all of the different looks I'm able to create with it.

I'd like to get an idea as to what everyone else's general consensus is of this palette. Especially considering the mixed feedback that was given during the reveal.

Don't forget to keep up with my blog by clicking the button below and following me through bloglovin!


You May Also Like

0 comments

FOLLOW ME @MAKEUPATTIFFANYSXO