Anastasia Beverly Hills x Nicole Guerriero Glow Kit | SWATCHES & REVIEW

by - February 28, 2017


I'm officially beginning to get my hands on the items I had listed on my new spring releases wishlist and it's starting off with this new glow kit collaboration with Anastasia Beverly Hills and Nicole Guerriero. 



I was able to get this during the early 2-day Sephora app release and although I'm as sick as a dog at the moment, couldn't help cracking this palette open to start swatching and even jumped on camera for it. I'll admit, I was very nervous about purchasing this palette considering my utmost disappointment in the most recent ABH glow kit, The Ultimate Glow Kit, but I was pleasantly surprised upon playing around with this one.


If you're like me and you were disappointed in the formulation of The Ultimate Glow Kit, don't worry, there's no type of chunky glitter in this new collaboration glow kit, it's all glow! I'm really excited to be able to say that this formulation is much more comparable to the older glow kits that we all know and love. Not to mention it retails for the same price as the 4-pan glow kits, $40, but you get two more pans! If you break it down, you're paying under $7 for each highlighter. If that's not getting bang for your buck I don't know what is.

In this palette we get six colors: Kitty Kat, Forever Young, Daydream, Forever Lit, Glo Getter, and 143. If anybody knows the significance behind the name "143" please let me know, because I'm most interested about the inspiration behind that one.

If I'm going to describe the colors, Kitty Kat is somewhat of a peachy pink. It's actually a really precious color that I think would work fairly well on majority skin tones. Deepest skin tones might have issues with this one, but I think if you mixed it a bit with another color in this palette to give it more of a pinky hue it would make for a nice blushing glow. Forever Young is a little difficult for me to describe. On the skin, it's not white, I'd almost say it's on the silver side but it's also got a hint of purple to it. This one I think would be best on lighter skin tones, simply because a color like this could get ashy really quick. Daydream is an unexpected favorite of mine, being a tangerine type of color. It's very unique in my opinion, I'm not sure that I've ever seen a highlight color quite like this one. Being on the side of unconventional, I'd say it would look interesting on all skin tones. But I truly believe it would give an amazing, though different, look to deep skin tones. For light skin tones, it would make for a fantastic blush topper. Forever Lit is another one that's quite difficult to describe. At first glance it appears white, but it has a turquoise and purple shift to it making it almost iridescent. I could be mistaken, but I'd say all skin tones should give this a shot. Glo Getter is definitely a beige type color with some gold. This is I think would work well for light-medium to medium-deep skin tones. Glo Getter is another personal favorite of mine and I can't wait to get my tan back and smother my cheek bones in it. Finally, we have 143 which is in my opinion an amazing color. It reminds me of a golden coin, with it's gold and copper tones. 143 would look amazing on medium-deep to the deepest skin tones.


One thing I did notice both with swatches and face application, although they all give an amazing glow and as you can hear me say countless times in my review video "pack a punch", the top row does seem to be a little bit less "wet" looking and a little bit less pigmented than the bottom row. Not so much that I would condemn this palette or even the shades themselves, but it's an observation. A lot of people actually might not even notice this, but being someone that likes to have satellites in space see my highlights, it's something I figure I should point out. Though it's nothing a little layering or a wet brush couldn't fix if a ridiculously blinding highlight is also your thing.

I'm genuinely pleased with this new glow kit, and although I didn't know who Nicole Guerriero was before the reveal of this palette, I've got to give props to her for working with Anastasia Beverly Hills to come up with this lovely product.

Official release of this product is Friday, March 3. You've got three more days ladies and gents, mark your calendars!

Also, don't forget to keep up with my blog by following me through bloglovin by clicking the button below!

You May Also Like

0 comments

FOLLOW ME @MAKEUPATTIFFANYSXO