Top 5 Holy Grail Foundations

by - September 12, 2017


We all have a favorite foundation, I happen to have a handful or two of them. Depending on time of the year, state of my skin, desired finish I want from my makeup—I like to switch my foundation up from time to time. Finding your perfect foundation can be a long journey so I'm lucky to have been able to find the ones that I have, though it took extensive trial and error. I happen to consider myself to be a little bit of a foundation junky and like to learn about others favorites, so here are a few of mine!

5. Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Wear Foundation
For those that have tried or own this foundation, it might come as a bit of a surprise that this falls in at number five. Fact is, I simply don't give this foundation as much wear as I probably should. If you're looking for a long wearing foundation, this one is one to try out. It has a gorgeous natural matte finish and tends to sit nicely on all skin types. If I know I'm going to be out for extended periods of time, this is my go to. I also happen to use this foundation frequently for brides because of how long wearing and comfortable it is.


4. Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation
Anyone that's been following me for a while know that I went through a love-hate period with this product. In fact, I have two different reviews of it (see previous posts!) Since getting my skincare on lock and getting my flakier skin under control, this foundation has been consistently in my rotation. It has a beautiful natural to dewy finish, which tends to be what I lean towards having. It's not quite as long wearing as others but for a good 6-8 hour wear, it'll have your skin looking flawless. It works great for me because of how dry my skin is, throughout the day it allows a glow to peak through and makes me feel like my skin looks really healthy. The shade and tone range is also something to be admired.


3.Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Stick Foundation
I would always hear a lot of hype over Make Up For Ever's Ultra HD liquid formula, but it really just never sat or worked well with me and my skin. When I came across the stick formulation, my makeup game changed for the better. When I want flawless—nearly airbrushed—glowy skin, I grab one of my Ultra HD sticks. This is my go-to for photographs, videos, or on my drier skin days.
2. Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Le Teint Radiance Awakening Foundation
That's one hell of a long name, innit? I'm surprised I'm sticking this one in at number two, considering it's been my most worn foundation for the past 4-5 months. But a recent purchase has made it's way to the top. As for this one, I hold this near and dear to my heart. Admittedly, YSL is just one of those brands that make me feel luxurious and fancy any time one of their products touch my face. Whenever I wear this foundation, I get too many compliments to keep track of. The finish of this is on the natural side, but gives you a glow from within appearance. One time while wearing this, I was asked if I had a pregnancy glow (don't worry, there's no baby coming any time soon.) I love this foundation for a night out, for a date, or special occasion.

1. Fenty Beauty Pro Filtr Soft Matte Foundation
This should be no surprise for anyone that read my last post reviewing Rihanna's new makeup brand, Fenty Beauty. Yes! Coming in at number one is the foundation created by the goddess herself. If you want a more in-depth review of this foundation, I highly suggest checking out my most recent post. Ever since buying the Fenty foundation, I haven't put it down. It's given me amazing wear, one day I even wore it for 14 hours straight with it not budging a bit, and even showered with it on. This is more matte than what I'd usually go for, but my skin looks like a porcelain doll with it on.


Maybe I'll come back with an updated list like this in about 6 months to see if anything's changed, considering I am constantly trying new foundation products. But for now, these are the top 5 in my current rotation. If anybody's tried any of these, I'd love to hear what your experiences were with them! If not, I hope this encourages you to go out and try them. Maybe one will become your new holy grail as well!

You May Also Like

0 comments

FOLLOW ME @MAKEUPATTIFFANYSXO