Natasha Denona Holiday Palettes

by - November 05, 2017


Truth be told I've been stocking up on a few eyeshadow palettes for the past few weeks that have caught my eye and have been excited to swatch and review them, but I'm somehow only just now getting around to it. I had originally planned on starting with another product, but since I waited for so long to start writing these blogs I figured I'd start out with possibly my favorite palettes I've purchased during this haul of mine. Luck had it that the new Natasha Denona Holiday Eyeshadow 5 Palettes arrived at my store and you know I had to grab them up immediately. What originally caught my eye was the astonishing colors but, to no surprise knowing Natasha Denona, the quality has made me fall further in love.



This holiday collection consists of two palettes—"Joya" and "Aeris". Each palette consists of five shadows of different textures. If you hop on over to Sephora's website to check out the description it reads "These creamy, innovative eyeshadows feature the classic Natasha Denona metallics, mattes, duo-chromes, and sparkling chroma crystals. There’s a solution for every occasion." They also claim that the shadows are soft to the touch, long-lasting, super buildable, easy to blend, and have zero fallout


I'd have to honestly agree with majority of those claims, outside of "zero fallout". While that is most certainly the case for most of the shadows, I find that the sparkling chroma crystal shadows do tend to have a fair amount of fallout if you're not careful. Of course, that's nothing that a good spray of Fix+, a setting spray, or a facial mist to your brush can't fix. Outside of that, I would categories these shadows as some of my top favorite formulas. Then again, anyone that's ever touched and worked with a Natasha Denona palette would expect such.

 "Joya" palette left-to-right: peach-gold, fuchsia,  gold, red grape, star bronze.

"Aeris" palette left-to-right: nude, red bronze, burnt terracotta, ice blue, peach bronze.

I have to laugh a bit at the names of Natasha Denona's shadows. While the formulas never disappoint, the bland and boring names certainly do. But I suppose you can't have everything. 


Each of these palettes retails for $48. I'll be frank and say that's pricey for a palette with only five shadows but for a multitude of reasons I feel I can justify it. Do I think the average person could justify it? Possibly not, and that's totally understandable. I wouldn't recommend throwing your coin towards a palette like this if you're more of a novice in regards to makeup. With the combination of the price point and the fact that it's not necessarily the most conveniently wearable palette in the sense that they're each missing your basic transition shades—both palettes are a little more flashy and more for very bold looks or well paired with other palettes—I'd understand a person not being overly interested in these. But as a makeup artist and collector, having these formulas and shades feels like a must. I'm so excited to get some looks up on instagram using these palettes!

You May Also Like

0 comments

FOLLOW ME @MAKEUPATTIFFANYSXO