Pat McGrath Labs Birthday Haul

by - November 23, 2017


On the 25th I will be turning 24 years old and decided to treat myself this year with some luxury makeup purchases. It wasn't intentional from the start but I ended up hauling in all Pat McGrath products. Though I've had the opportunity to use a couple of her eyeshadow palettes before when a client brought them to me to try out on her, up until this point I've only purchased the first Lust 004 Flesh kit, so this haul was particularly exciting.


I originally had only 1 Mothership palette in my cart, as you can imagine this type of purchase already making a real dent in my bank account, but as I said I wanted to treat myself for my birthday so I decided screw it, why not get two? Honestly, I would've bought all three and I may still buy the third at some point but the two I bought, "Subliminal" and "Subversive", were the ones really calling to me. 


The "Subliminal" palette was the first Mothership eyeshadow palette released by Pat McGrath, and though I'm disappointed it took me so long to add it to my collection, I'm ecstatic that I finally did. The quality of the formulas to these shadows are beyond what I've ever experienced. This palette is very cool toned so not usually what I'd steer towards for a palette, but actually suits my style as I tend to try to go out of the box and bold with my eye looks.


The Subliminal palette consists of "Skinshow Nude" (champagne platinum), "Depth" (ash brown), "Ultimate Taupe" (soft beige brown), "Pale Gold 002" (cool platinum gold), "VR Violet" (pinky violet duochrome), "Xtreme Black" (ultimate black), "Lilac Dusk" (muted lavender), "Substance" (cool beige brown), "Blitz Blue" (vivid sapphire) and "Astral White" (white with blue flash).


The second Mothership palette I got is the newest, "Subversive". This was the very first product I added to my basket as every single color in this palette was calling my name. I've used this specific palette on a client before and I'm glad to finally have one in my own hands.


The Subversive palette consists of "Skinshow Fever" (champagne gold pearl), "Night Creature" (deep magenta), "Deep Shade" (dark warm brown), "Gigabyte" (antiqued green gold), "VR Pink" (peachy pink with gold pearl), "Xtreme Black" (ultimate black), "Lazarus" (warm pinky brown), "Black Metal" (gunmetal black with silver pearl), "Blitz Amethyst" (deep purple with blue pearl) and "Astral Ghost Orchid" (white iridescent with pink flash).


  I probably didn't need to add any lip products to my collection, considering my collection of various lip products could be considered a little excessive, but I grabbed 5 of the "Trance" lipsticks including 4 of the "LuxeTrance" formulas and one "MatteTrance". I need to mention that the packaging of every Pat McGrath package is absolutely gorgeous, whether we're talking about actual product packaging or whatever box or container holds the product. I actually might end up keeping the boxes to each of these lipsticks as they all have a different unique design and might actually make cute decoration somewhere in my room. These lipsticks feel luxurious and have quite a bit of weight to them which I can definitely appreciate. Both of the formulas are creamy and comfortable on the lips, not to mention full pigment. I have never been and will never be a sheer lipstick person so that full pigment point is important to me.


The colors I purchased are "Donatella" (Luxe), "McGrath Muse" (Luxe), "Sedition" (Luxe), "Wrecked" (Luxe) and "McMenamy" (Matte). 


Finally, I had to pick up the newest lip kit, "LiquiLust 007". I chose the kit "Skin Show". The Skin Show kit consist of colors that could be considered "nude" for various skin tones, but I chose this kit for a few reasons. I may end up purchasing the "Colour Blitz" kit in the future, assuming that they don't run out of stock too quick.


Because of the fact that this is the newest Pat McGrath product, I actually want to write an individual post specifically dedicated to it, so I'm going to keep all of my thoughts on it to myself until then! I should be getting that post up very soon.

I feel like this has been the most exciting haul I've pulled in quite some time, partially because I'm experiencing a variety of products from a brand I never had the luxury of thoroughly trying before and partially because being a much more high end brand it feels like a real treat. Granted, I won't be able to treat myself like this for a good while as my bank account most definitely will not allow it, every last product I purchased here is a hit for me and feels worth it. Be sure to keep on the look out for my review of the new Pat McGrath LiquiLust 007 coming soon!

You May Also Like

0 comments

FOLLOW ME @MAKEUPATTIFFANYSXO