Fenty Beauty MATTEMOISELLE Plush Matte Lipstick

by - December 26, 2017


Today Fenty Beauty released their Mattemoiselle Plush Matte lipstick and I had the opportunity to play around with them in store while I worked today. Of course, I had to get my hands on a couple of my favorite colors, who would I be if I didn't?

I've now reviewed a handful of Fenty Beauty products since their day one launch in September. If you've missed out on them, head into the Fenty Beauty tag to look for them. So far I've reviewed nearly one of every product released and have been pleased with majority of products they've put out thus far. It seemed only necessary that I continue with this launch to see if it lives up to the hype of not just the product, but the entire brand.

In this launch 14 different lip colors were released. Looking at the display is actually quite satisfying, it's like looking at a rainbow. There are colors ranging from true red, to blue, to brown, to even a mac'n'cheese color. The Mattemoiselle lipsticks are described as "an ultra-slim lipstick with a long-wearing, petal-soft matte finish, created in a rainbow of weightless, color-intense shades designed to flatter all skin tones." 

Three colors specifically sparked my interest so I had to grab them up being "Clapback", "One Of The Boyz", and "Griselda". From day one I've wanted Fenty to release "odd" color lipsticks, so I was happy to see a few in this launch. Some people may think "natural" when they think of Rhianna, but I think bold. It feels only right to have a few bold color lipsticks in her makeup line.

Left to right: One Of The Boyz, Clapback, Griselda.

Upon swatching these you'll find amazing pigment and texture. They weren't kidding when they described them as "petal soft". I couldn't think of a more perfect way to describe the texture of these lipsticks. They're soft to the touch but velvety matte. They're one-swipe pigmented and the packaging makes them easy for travel.

Now, here's where I do have something negative to say. If you have perpetually dry lips like myself you better not forget to prep your lips before applying these. This is not an apply-and-go type of lip product like I'd prefer. You need to exfoliate and thoroughly moisturize before putting these on your lips. Though the formula is ridiculously creamy, they dry out your lips throughout the day which is really unpleasant and unfortunate. Though it doesn't take much to prep the lips, I'd expect a product so creamy to feel a little bit more moisturizing even if they are matte. 

However, I do overall really enjoy these lipsticks. But are they anything special? If you're looking for a bolder lipstick I do highly recommend checking out those few colors. However, the reds and pinks and browns, you probably already have something like it in your collection if you're a collector or an artist. The formula of these lipsticks aren't outstanding enough for me to tell you to go out and throw your money towards them. 


Do I regret my purchase? Absolutely not. Do I like them? I mean, yeah. Will I be buying more? Unfortunately not. I'm not disappointed, I'm just not impressed. But that's okay, you're not always going to fall in love with every single product a brand releases.

You May Also Like

0 comments

FOLLOW ME @MAKEUPATTIFFANYSXO