Underrated & Slept On Beauty

by - December 05, 2017


I'm the type of beauty lover that's willing to try just about anything, from any brand, of any type, and is constantly trying to expand my horizons in regards to the products that I use and try out. Because of this, I'm consistently finding different products that I would personally call top-tier that don't get enough hype in the beauty community. Here I've put together a small collection of products that I don't see talked about much, that totally deserve the recognition that I love and use regularly.

Smashbox Studio Skin Shaping Foundation
Though I am a huge fan of stick foundations, I originally only picked up this foundation stick because I was in search of a good contour stick so stumbled across this and decided to give it a shot. Upon testing it out, I fell in love with the entire stick. One end is a foundation and the other end is a corresponding contour stick, though on some days if I'm using an even more cool-toned contour I use this stick as a bronzer. Having dry skin, it presses nicely into my skin and sits well throughout the day without me looking dry. Some days I'll even wear this on it's own without setting it just to even my skin tone and get out the door.

Marc Jacobs Le Marc Liquid Lip Creme
Admittedly I'm over the matte craze but I'm still head over heels for a good liquid lip. These liquid lipsticks from Marc Jacobs are full coverage, long wearing, and the best part is they're hydrating. They have a nice soft satin finish to them which may seem odd to those used to the transfer-proof mattes that have been on trend for the past couple years but it's a nice and much needed change for the lips. Unfortunately this line doesn't have the best shade range if you like to wear out-of-the-box colors but if you're looking for a good nude you'll probably find one here.


Kat Von D Everlasting Lip Liner
I'm not saying that every product on this list doesn't receive hype at all, but rather not enough hype. Maybe lip liners just aren't the type of product for someone to get hype about but these lip liners are a necessity to me. They come in any color you can think of, from the palest of pale nudes, to colors like blue and green, all the way to the blackest black. I own one in all of the necessary colors plus some. The black is actually one of my go-to when I wanna spice up my lip and have a cool ombre. They're creamy and easy to use, retractable so you don't have to worry about finding your sharpener, and don't seem to skip or get tough. You end up with a fully pigmented smooth line each use.

Becca Firstlight Priming Filter
Most people are familiar with Becca's Backlight Priming Filter but I truly don't see enough people talking about their newer "Firstlight" priming filter. If Backlight is a night out glamorous glow then Firstlight is fresh face radiant morning. It feels energizing on the face and uses color correcting and light technologies to make your skin look more awake and lively. It takes out any dullness and is one of my favorite primers for my dry skin that tends to just look bland on it's own.
 Becca Sunlit Bronzer
It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that my favorite part of my makeup routine is making my skin look glowy and radiant, so any products that aid that desired look of mine will be a favorite. The Becca Sunlit Bronzers aren't just for bronzing the face but are for adding a healthy glow type of appearance. These bronzers have one of the creamiest and most blendable formulas that I've ever worked with and I'm surprised they don't get talked about more or listed in anyone's favorites.

Hourglass Voyeur Waterproof Liquid Liner
Everyone gets up in arms when it comes to their favorite liquid liners, but I don't think I've once heard anyone say this is their favorite. I'd confidently guess you haven't either, until now. If you want a thin, smooth line and the blackest possible black to get your wings as sharp as they can be, go and try this eyeliner. It honestly doesn't budge for anything. Really. Be careful swatching it. Make sure you have no place to be over the next couple days that involves your hand being swatch-free, because nothing seems to take this off (sometimes, can be to a fault, but still love it!)


Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil
This product is the product that inspired me making this list in the first place. This is more of a recent find but amazing enough for me to want to make a whole list of products I don't think get enough love. Maybe it's because it's pricier than your average brow pencil but I'm willing to continuously spend every penny. I love the look my ABH dip brow gives me but sometimes it's too time consuming and I simply wasn't able to find a brow pencil to give me the same type of look until I found this one. It's super creamy compared to the usual super waxy consistency of a pencil so if bolder and more sculpted brows are your thing like they are mine, this pencil is to live and die for!


Too Faced Born This Way Ethereal Powder

Finally, my favorite setting powder. Mentioned many times, I have dry skin, so finding a powder to set my face that doesn't emphasize that or make it worse is a real journey. This powder uses light reflecting technology to give a soft-focused glow to your skin and it looks beautiful. It reduces the appearance of pores, gives you a natural finish rather than super matte, sets your makeup well, and best of all doesn't cling to dry spots! 




I'd be curious to see if any of the products I've named on this list are on anyone's list of favorites. But I'm hoping that this will inspire others to try new things and broaden their beauty horizons. You really never know what treasures you might find when you step out of your comfort zone.

You May Also Like

0 comments

FOLLOW ME @MAKEUPATTIFFANYSXO