Too Faced Diamond Highlighter

by - December 28, 2017


It should come to no surprise that I'm absolutely highlighter crazy and whenever a new highlighter from any brand comes out I need to try it. Too Faced just came out with a new highlighter that instantly caught my eye for an array of reasons called the "Diamond Highlighter", made with real Diamond powder.  I tried it out for a couple days before purchasing it my self and I've got a few thoughts.
This "Diamond Highlighter" retails for about $34 and can be found on Too Faced's website, Sephora, or Ulta. I saw this on display in our store and immediately grabbed my brush to swipe some across my cheek bones. 
They describe this as a "one-of-a-kind highlighter that is infused with real crushed diamond powder and light reflecting pearls to create a rainbow diamond fire glow like you've never seen. Light up your complexion for a pure radiance that works on any skin tone. Swirl the pink, blue, and gold shades to create your custom highlighter that can be used anywhere. The liquid to powder formula is hand poured ensuring that no two highlighters will ever look the same--just like a real diamond." 
This highlighter is supposed to be a prismatic highlighter with extra luxe sparkle because of the crushed diamond powder, artisan-made, multi-use, and have buildable payoff. That's nice and all, a lot of claims for a highlighter. The packaging is certainly gorgeous, but which of these claims are actually true?
Let's start off with the first claim. Infused with real diamond crush powder? I head over to the ingredients though not entirely sure what to look for and do find this "Benzimidazole Diamond Amidoethyl Urea Carbamoyl Propyl Polymethylsilsesquioxane" listed in the ingredients. That's a mouth-full for sure. Since I'm not a freakin' scientist I can't be too sure of what it is, but I did find that this isn't the first cosmetic or beauty product to contain this ingredient. I can only trust that this is the diamond crush ingredient Too Faced is talking about. I'll take it.
The thing that caught my eye a lot is that it's supposed to resemble a real diamond in the sense that no two are the same and so far I can vouch for that statement. The fact that each one is hand poured is really cute to me and shows care in production. The one in our store looks totally different from the one I got and you can pick up different colors depending on what area of the highlighter you dip your brush in, or you can mix them all together to get an iridescent glow.  


The interesting part is that it applies on the face and looks better on the face than it swatches. Upon simply swatching I'd say there's nothing about it, but when it's on the face it's gorgeous. The first time wearing this I had a gold shift, the next time a green shift, another time a blue shift, etc. This is a truly unique and customizable product that can give you either a subtle or intense iridescent glow. "Prismatic" is probably the best way to describe it. When you look, you can see a full array of colors and I feel that this is the first truly holographic highlighter we've seen from the beauty industry yet. 


I appreciate how cute this product is, though what else should you expect from Too Faced, and how much effort it seems was put into this one. For a while I felt like Too Faced was falling off in quality but it seems they're trying to find their way back up and I'm happy to see it. Does everyone need this in their collection? Truthfully no, but I'm really glad to have it in mine.

You May Also Like

0 comments

FOLLOW ME @MAKEUPATTIFFANYSXO